Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christian's news

Merry Christmas!

Our big news for this year is the expected arrival of a child in May next year!

This year I have continued in pastoral ministry at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Toowoomba with occasional visits to Stanthorpe and Glenarbon.  In April I was elected onto the LCA's Commission on Social and Bioethical Questions at the General Synod, and have continued as President of Lutherans for Life.  On issues moral in the western world and in Australia I survey the future with trepidation and some despair.  Yes, it is an opportunity to speak to the world about God's gift of life to the world, but I have little confidence in the world's ability or willingness to hear God's Word.  But that's OK, nations rise and fall, but God's Word will stand for ever.

My mother visited from Germany this year, a blessing to her and us.  Mondays I enjoy keeping my hand in general practice at the Toowoomba Medical Centre with a great group of receptionists, nurses and doctors.

This year I have enjoyed watching our children grow, and I especially love seeing Enoch and Abigail devouring books!

Sarah Joy and I wish you a blessed Christmas and God's richest blessings for the new year.

… Pleased as man with man to dwell 
Jesus our Immanuel
Hark! the herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn king.

For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell (Colossians 1:19)

The Son of God, the spiritual being who enjoyed becoming a human.  If it was good enough for God, it's good enough for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment